European travel has resumed, borders reopened, and holidaymakers are taking their summer breaks. But restrictions remain in place, safety protocols are confusing, and business meetings are frozen as Covid-19 rages on. Is Europe over the worst and ready to recover? Or will weariness and economic hardships continue to crush travel, even after a vaccine?
As the virus subsides, Europe is hoping for some normalcy as it tentatively follows Asia into a post-COVID world. Until then, travel companies must forge their own paths through the chaotic landscape. They need to make bold decisions for long-term viability while reclaiming their current businesses. They must convince travelers where, when and how it’s safe to travel and then prepare for sudden shifts and new restrictions. Each company must evaluate its own level of risk as it navigates the crisis with an eye toward recovery in 2021.
No travel entity can do it alone – they are intertwined and reliant on the other for services, information, distribution, transportation, marketing, safety and much more. We need to listen and learn from each other as businesses recover and travelers make their own decisions.
Phocuswright Europe Online 2020 is the place to reunite, regroup and learn how to prepare for Travel’s Next Era. We have amassed a group of entrepreneurs, industry veterans and pioneers, CEOs and other leaders from all corners of the travel industry to engage in fruitful discussion and debate about the future of travel in Europe – and beyond.
- Are travelers ready and where are they going? Get the latest traveler research from Phocuswright and forecasts from ForwardKeys.
- What is the outlook for hotels, short-term rentals and OTAs? Hear from the CEOs and other market leaders on the future of lodging.
- Has the environment really benefitted from the pandemic? Find out what it means for tourism.
- How are today’s tourists getting around? As airlines falter, other segments may benefit.
- How to get more flyers back in the sky? New digital technologies transform the travel experience.
- Who’s getting funding? The latest innovations and startups reveal pockets of growth.
See the program here.
We look forward to welcoming you to our online platform this September.
Why should I pay to attend
Attendee benefits: Key research reports